Monday, December 31, 2012

Start ringing

These last 2012 days were so good. This year has been a great one for me, full of magic moments that I'll never forget.

This month I became a ringer, and I started my ringing sessions in the last three days.
In La Corbatera, near the river Llobregat, I caught 58 birds, the main part tits (Blue Cyanistes caeruleus, Long-tailed Aegithalos caudatus and Great Parus major). Also some Chaffinches (Fringilla coelebs), Cetti's Warblers (Cettia cetti) and Blackbirds (Turdus merula)

Also, in l'Aiguamoll de la Bòbila, 'my other home', I trapped about 40 birds. Here you can see some photos.
Adult male Blackbird (Turdus merula)
1w male Cirl Bunting (Emberiza cirlus)
Adult male Black Redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros). I ringed
it on November, see here.
1w Black Redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros)
Screaming European Starlings (Sturnus vulgaris)
Kingfishers (Alcedo atthis)
I also had the opportunity to see some Common Buzzards (Buteo buteo) before release them. any thanks to Víctor Martin for show me this nice birds!
Adult, notice the dark iris.
1cy bird, notice the pallid iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment